If you fail to log in 3 times in a row, you are sure that your username and password are correct, then you should stop logging in and contact customer service.
Ask them if there is a problem with their server or with your account. Remember not to keep trying after several failures, this may cause your account to be closed or cancelled.
· I am using Sql server 2012. My data files is 103 mb but the transaction log file 37 gb. 1 I want to shrink transaction log file. What precaution should I take before shrinking? 2 Is the backup and restore of database are same as usual after shrinking? 3 In management studio right click database name -> Tasks -> Shrink -> Database Or Files
· How do I clear all the logs in Server 2012. Answers. 1. Sign in to vote. Open Powershell as admin and run: I would not recommend you to remove all logs unless you back them up. Logs can be …
· To delete data or log files from a database. In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine and then expand that instance. Expand Databases, right-click the database from which to delete the file, and then click Properties. Select the Files page. In the Database files grid, select the file to delete and then click Remove.
· In this way, anyone can clear the transaction log file of SQL Server to create free space in the log and reuse that space. As transactions are very much important and the user must keep track of them to make changes in the transaction and to keep the space available for further storing.
· Actually, log files are those file data which the SQL server keeps when an transaction has taken place. For a transaction to process SQL server allocates pages for the same. But after the completion of the transaction, these are not released suddenly hoping that there may be a transaction coming like the same one.
We have two options to shrink the log. They are: Shrink SQL Server Log File using SQL Server Management Studio. Right click on the database and choose:Tasks followed by Shrink and then select Files: Change the file type to log. Shrink SQL Transaction Log File using T-SQL. For Simple Recovery, following command will be used:
· In some cases, the Microsoft SQL Server Database Transaction Log (.LDF) file becomes very huge. It’s wasting a lot of disk space and causing some problems if you want to backup and restore the database. We can delete the log file and create a new log file with the minimum size. To delete log files, follow the steps given below: Backup the …
· In order to truncate SQL transaction logs, open the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), select the desired database (with large transaction log), right click on it, and select Properties from the context menu. Go to Options and switch the database Recovery model to Simple.. Then, in the same context menu, go to section Tasks > Shrink > Files.In File type select Log, in File name field …
· You can do this manually (not the best choice), or automatically using PowerShell script that will be cleaning log files on schedule. PowerShell script that will remove all files older than 7 days in the directory C:\inetpub\logs with the *.log extension might be look like this: gci ‘C:\inetpub\logs -Include ‘*.log’ -Recurse | ?