If you fail to log in 3 times in a row, you are sure that your username and password are correct, then you should stop logging in and contact customer service.
Ask them if there is a problem with their server or with your account. Remember not to keep trying after several failures, this may cause your account to be closed or cancelled.
· Resolved mayorbiney. (@mayorbiney) 1 year, 1 month ago. After installing and network-activating the plugin, I got redirected to this page that says i must be logged in to access the admin area. I didn’t even change anything, just activated it now I can’t access my dashboard anymore. Please help me fix it ASAP cos I’m on a tight deadline.
· Enter the username or email address of the account you’re trying to log into. Click Get New Password to have the password sent to your email address. Also I see you are using what’s known as a Self-Hosted version of WordPress called WordPress.org.
· The topic ‘You must log in to access the admin area.’ is closed to new replies.
· Now, to enter the WordPress admin area, you’ll need to fill in your WordPress Username, or Email Address, and the Password that you’ve created during the installation process. ProTip: If you ticked the Send me installation instructions via email box when installing WordPress, you can find your login credentials in your email.
· When I click the “Admin” button in Local from a site I’ve pulled down it pops up Safari and a page (http://podsite.local/wp-admin/) that says: “You must log in to access the admin area.” there is no login …